kids ministry SAFETY PROCEDURES:
BHBC pastors are committed to making sure that we do everything we possibly can to provide a safe environment during these unique times. In addition to our normal stringent cleaning and safety guidelines, here are some of the additional Kids Ministry Safety Procedures we have put in place:
- All BHBC Kids Ministry staff and volunteers will undergo temperature checks before entering the secured area of the BHBC Kids building. In addition, all children and parents must be health screened and temperature checked before entering the Kids secured area. (Governor Kemp’s executive order requires this as part of their guidelines for childhood gatherings.) We are requesting that we limit access to only 1 adult accompany for each child into the secured area. Face coverings are encouraged; however, not required.
- Our Facilities/Housekeeping Ministry will continue, as always, to clean and disinfect each classroom before use. (All of our classrooms carpets have been shampooed and will be cleaned each week.)
- Our Facilities/Housekeeping Ministry will wipe down all common/shared areas during the Worship Service times. Furniture in our lobby will be wiped down before, between, and after services. Before services, housekeeping will utilize disinfectant-filled electrostatic sprayers and/or fogger machines in each classroom, as well as mothers' nursing rooms, baby buggies and open Kids Ministry spaces (when spaces are empty of children and families). Where possible, separate classrooms for different worship hours will be utilized.
- Reservations will allow us to limit the number of children in each classroom. An attendant will be stationed at the kiosks to allow for a touch-less experience.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at each entrance to BHBC Kids and inside the classrooms. When leaders and children enter the room, they will sanitize their hands.
- Every solid surface will be wiped down during the hour, and a checklist will be used for tracking items when toys/tables are cleaned.
- Individual bags of supplies for each child will be used to minimize sharing. Snacks will not be offered unless the program exceeds 1 ½ hours. (Only individually wrapped snacks can be used.)
- Furniture and toys have been condensed to assist with disinfecting. Classrooms will be set up to allow fun and distancing with equipment, toys and tables.
- The Nursery will have gloves for all leaders. Shoe coverings for teachers in nurseries and one years old classrooms will be available. Swing covers will be replaced each time a child is moved. Bouncy seats will not be used at this time.
- Our large group experiences may be divided to allow for social distancing. Large group worship rooms will be cleaned before, in-between and after each service.
- The Indoor playground will remain closed, outdoor playgrounds can be used and will be cleaned/sprayed upon rotations. (exceptions may be made by the Kids’ Pastor after ensuring the Indoor playground can be cleaned before and after each and every use).
The goal of our BHBC Kids Staff team is to serve you and your family to the best of our ability. We do not take the privilege of ministering to you and your family for granted. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday!